Bleh with Barry

Random with a cynical twist of lime.

Writing Mood

with 8 comments

As I’ve mentioned before, the main point of writing my blog is to get myself to write. I am currently trying to get myself back in the mindset of writing on an academic basis, and while my blog is not strictly (if at all) academic, it is getting me to write something whether it be a poem of 10 lines or a rant about actors playing certain characters in movies. I need to write. I’m also currently trying to get myself to continue writing some short stories and children’s stories that I’ve been working on for a while. Yet I cannot seem to get myself in the mindset to write fiction…this is also a big reason why I have been writing so much poetry because it allows my creative juices to flow without having to focus on a cohesive narrative. Let’s face it that is what makes a novel, a short story, etc. function. It’s all about the conflict and the narrative story arc.

Lately, my stories have been pretty lack luster at best from my stand point. I mean I have so many ideas swirling about it’s hard for me to separate the good ones from the crap ones…I mean seriously I don’t know which ones that I desire to write about or not which in turn creates my writer’s block. I have writer’s paralysis due to the overflowing of ideas. It’s hard for me to pick one…and so my mind doesn’t want to write at all…which is kinda sad. Unfortunately, I have yet to get myself motivated enough to break out of this “funk” (writer’s block, not the 70’s disco movement)…It’s quite a vicious cycle actually. I hope as the end of the school year approaches part of me will seek to make this artistry come out again…

Advertisements

Written by barryr22

April 5, 2010 at 1:13 pm

Posted in writing

Tagged with , , , ,

8 Responses

1. Writers’ Block? Only happens when you don’t have a story that’s “you.”

Avgirl10

April 5, 2010 at 1:17 pm

• I don’t know that this isn’t entirely true…I have stories that I love that I have come to a point where I’m wondering where do I need to go with this…I love the story; I’m still trying to figure out the journey.

barryr22

April 5, 2010 at 9:05 pm

• Hmm… True. But usually Authors or just Writers plan out what’s going to happen before they write it.

Avgirl10

April 6, 2010 at 4:37 pm

• This isn’t true…most of the time the author of a work knows the beginning and where they want to go with it. However, they have to figure out the journey…while most authors do outline a general sort of story. You never fully know where you’re going to go until you get to that point…

barryr22

April 6, 2010 at 4:52 pm

• Hmm. I guess maybe you’re right… But I think Authors should plan out what they’re going to write before they do…
        By the way, Attractive Icon. (Heh heh, I mean it’s really weird!)

Avgirl10

April 7, 2010 at 4:31 pm

• However, even the best plans have to have room to change because writing is a very organic thing. Also, thanks, I like my weird pic too.

barryr22

April 9, 2010 at 10:28 am

2. Umm, okay then?

Well… Umm… I’m lost here! But usually plans ALWAYS have a room to change. All you need is a Backspace button on your keyboard! 😀

*Bursts out laughing* Organic? I’m sure you mean something else! *Snickers*

Avgirl10

April 13, 2010 at 6:38 am

3. Oh, by the way, I subscribed to your blog. I look forward to seeing what’s new!

Avgirl10