Bleh with Barry

Random with a cynical twist of lime.

True Blood: A Quandary *Spoiler Alert*

with 10 comments

Yesterday, I watched the finale of season 3 of True Blood and was curious about how they chose to end the season. The multi-cliffhanger ending really wasn’t a good step for the show in my opinion. However, who am I to say what will work or what will not.

In the show, I am glad that they spared Russell Edgington because I like him as a progressive villain. If they had wasted him this early, I would have felt left down in the storyline. He is an interesting character that they have created, and I want to know what they plan on doing with him in the future. Let’s face it; he is not going to stay locked in that cement for very long.

I’m glad that the whole thing with Bill being a deceitful bastard finally aired out. I don’t like Bill…he is a shell of a vampire. I don’t necessarily want to see him die (as in the fight between him and Sophie Anne); however, he is one of those vampires that I don’t care for as much because he is whiny and lackluster.

The whole Sookie going to be with the fairies thing does not set with me. I don’t like the whole thing…I don’t know what exactly is going to happen because they are playing fast and loose with the books. I am wondering what the hell they are planning on doing with the books as a whole…are they planning on following the books or are they divulging from the storyline entirely.

Honestly, these are my gut shot reactions to the finale…I don’t know what is going to happen. However, when Bill said to kill Pam, my heart sank, and I thought that would be the end of the finale. I was glad that they proceeded to screw all the characters’ personalities in the show…I wonder what their thoughts are for the next season. Will they go with what the books predict or will it be something else?

Advertisements

Written by barryr22

September 18, 2010 at 10:45 pm

10 Responses

1. […] This post was Twitted by BarryR22 […]

Twitted by BarryR22

September 18, 2010 at 10:50 pm

2. I fully agree with this post.
    My opinion on Bill how ever is that I can not stand the site of him, he is a bastard and you can not put in any other way.
    Sookie annoys me though, with the whole fairy thing going on I am left to think that she is nothing but a bitter self inflicted tinker-bell.

failrail

September 19, 2010 at 7:56 pm

• I don’t know that I would compare her to Tinker Bell because Sookie isn’t quite a murderous bitch like Tink is. However, they are doing weird things with the “fairy” thing. And Bill is a bastard…that’s really all you can say.

barryr22

September 19, 2010 at 8:08 pm

3. Among the bunch of stories -some catching, some not catching at all- the finale was a bit diluted for me. I prefer the vampire’s trends, I think those are the core of the show so far, and there was too much of the other stories in this hour.
    Agree with you about Russell, he will be back, and soon. And I’m glad about it.
    For next season? The witches have arrived and there will be confrontation, the fairies have arrived and there is more in them than light… and I think the wolves will be around Russell.
    Unfortunately human characters and their relation with vampires -a very interesting issue for me- seem less and less important, I hope the Newlins are full back next season.
    I can manage the differences with the books, I rather like some of them actually.

fabi

September 19, 2010 at 8:11 pm

• I think that most of the differences are pretty ingenious thus far, but I’m beginning to wonder how far they are going to stray from the books (not that it’s necessarily a bad thing) because I like to be able to go “I see where they’re going with that.” However, by that same token, I am always excited to see something that takes me completely off guard as long as it doesn’t go against the feel of the character. So, yeah….I’m interested to see where they’re going with most of the plot lines, but I wish that some of them would just fizzle out *cough* Tara and Jason *cough*….I know that they have to be there…yet, I wish they would take more of the backseat that they do in the books.

barryr22

September 19, 2010 at 8:25 pm

4. As for Sookie being an evil, self absorbed, murderous Tinkerbell… I totally agree! Did you hear her laugh when she poured Talbot down the garbage disposal??? Oh yeah, she has the potential to be a murderous lil tyrant!
    As for her disappearance into fairyland… no, I think it’ll turn out to be just another one of her many offset dream states that will leave us shaking our clenched fists at the tv screaming, “WTF? !?”, when she opens the season waking up from just one more fantasy!

bitchywitch

September 19, 2010 at 8:32 pm

• Oh, in the books *spoiler*, she gets to the point where she is killing people and things and not thinking twice about it. I don’t know about the waking up thing…I think she actually went to fairy world with Claudine simply because she was pissy and bummed about Bill. So, she thinks “well, I’ll just go be with my own kind.” What I think will happen is that she will go there and realize that she doesn’t want to be there because she’s not a full-blooded fairy, and then, she’ll come back.

barryr22

September 19, 2010 at 8:48 pm

5. I liked Tara… at the beginning, and when Franklin was around her -but that was because of him, I admit- If the old Tara is back of that trip, welcome! If not, it will be fine if the trip lasts for two or three seasons.
    Jason has never been a favorite character, he had his moments but this last twist in his life didn’t catch me. Back seat with him and those people!
    May you add the baby issue to the fizzling out list? There is not enough time in a 12 episodes season to be wasted.

fabi

September 19, 2010 at 9:03 pm

6. I thought the finale was a huge letdown. Nothing happened that will make me think about the show over the hiatus or anticipate the new season.

I really hope next season they just let Bill be a bastard. The quick looks we got of him outright acting like a jerk in the finale were a huge improvement over his usual whining self.

Pam

September 20, 2010 at 7:53 am

• I think that I am anxious to see how some things (like. the Sophie Anne/Bill fight which she should win if they don’t get interrupted but will). However, I still wish to see the next season…just not as pumped about it….other than the fact that Pam should play a larger part in the show if they keep with book four’s plot (EEEEE! Pam!).

As to the Bill being a bastard thing, I’m okay with it.

barryr22