Bleh with Barry

Random with a cynical twist of lime.

Mid-Something Crisis: Hmmmm…?

with 5 comments

So, recently, I’ve been perusing my facebook and realized that most of my friends are either married, impregnated, have children, or are a combination of the three. Honestly, I don’t quite understand this phenomenon… I mean I’m not talking about the whole getting married and having kids thing…however, some of my friends are already married with 3 or more children…and they’re my age or younger…It’s just a little odd to me.

Now, I know that there are a lot of people are perfectly content with settling down and living the family life. So, yeah…I don’t know…I know that I’m rambling now, but I just am seeking to understand the majority of what is going on in my life with the people that I have surrounded myself with. I keep waiting for several of my recently married friends to have the announcement of pregnancy or something along these same line…and again, the wave of WTF-Mate will wash over me again. Maybe I’m just panicking because I don’t know where my life is going to take me and these others seem to have some solidity in an ever-changing world…Who knows? Maybe, it’s a lack of sleep and an overdose of caffeine. Yeah..

Anyway, I’m going to share with you one of the songs about changing of the world around you. By the band Kansas, “Dust in the Wind” is probably one of the most well-known song for talking about life in general and how we long to cling to everything…yeah….again, maybe, it’s the sleep deprivation…yeah…plus, it has a kick-ass violin solo, which makes the song worth it no matter how depressing it is.

Advertisements

Written by barryr22

March 26, 2011 at 11:34 pm

5 Responses

1. I’m not equipped to listen to your song but I agree that there is already too many people on this planet if it’s what you are implying or saying. Check my latest post if you feel for a visit and leave a comment.

n1i2c3o4l5e

March 27, 2011 at 12:14 am

• No, I’m not implying that there are too many people on the planet…I think that there’s a purpose for everyone. It just boggles my mind that people I graduated high school / college with are having 2+ children in some cases, and here I am going wow…I’m not ready for that kind of commitment. My other thing would be that most of the people I know with these multiple kids got married / pregnant so quickly, and I wonder if they would do it the same if they could do it over again.

barryr22

March 27, 2011 at 12:57 am

2. Thank you. I’m glad you brought that up. No many would not do it the same and many would not even do it again.

n1i2c3o4l5e

March 27, 2011 at 2:19 am

3. We discussed this fairly recently, and you told me that I was just freaking out and that everything would be fine. Not so fun when the shoe’s on the other foot, is it? 😉

Also, I think you neglected to bring up an equally possible option for all the young married with or without kids- the announcement of divorce.

Creaves

March 27, 2011 at 12:05 pm

• It’s true…I’ve known a lot of young couples that got married and then divorced…. and then, the emotional baggage ensued.

barryr22